Unquestionably, one of the most lovely stages of life is becoming a parent. There is no disputing that new parents are also given a profound sense of duty at the same time, though. There are a lot of things that a parent needs to take care of, from providing a baby-friendly environment to making sure they receive the greatest medical care. However, by purchasing a health insurance plan for their children, parents can significantly lessen the additional duties that are placed on their shoulders in the light of the daily introduction of new policies.
In the event of unforeseen events, a newborn baby’s health insurance coverage covers the medical costs associated with the hospitalisation of the newborn infant. Since it is not feasible to get individual health insurance for a newborn child, the child can be covered along with the parents in a family floater health insurance plan or a group health insurance plan once the child reaches the age of 90 days.
Newborns need health insurance
A newborn baby’s immune system is fragile, making them susceptible to illness, and medical issues can strike at any time. Therefore, it is advisable to get health insurance coverage for a newborn child, so that they can receive the necessary medical care when they need it. A newborn baby health insurance plan not only guarantees prompt medical attention but also safeguards the parents’ financial stability during trying times.
Benefits of a newborn baby cover in a health insurance plan
The following are some of the main factors that make a health insurance plan with newborn baby coverage advantageous:
- By providing comprehensive coverage for healthcare needs related to hospitalisation and several other healthcare expenses like pre-hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation, modern daycare procedures, ambulance charges, and others.
- You may welcome your new baby without worrying about money or security if you enrol your child in a reliable health insurance plan.
- The cost of the premium for a health insurance plan that includes infant coverage is much lower.
- You can look ahead to increasing your savings by claiming a tax deduction under section 80D of the Income Tax Act by purchasing a health insurance plan with a newborn infant cover. ** ##
- In addition, many health insurance providers offer a yearly health check-up benefit that aids you in caring for your newborn child.
- You can receive a reward from the health insurance plan with newborn medical coverage in the form of a Cumulative Bonus for maintaining good health and not filing a claim throughout the policy’s length.
Factors to take into account when purchasing newborn health insurance plans
Here are the key factors that must be taken into account when choosing a health insurance plan for a newborn baby in order to streamline the process.
- Upgrading feature: The majority of newborn health insurance plans allow parents to upgrade the plan’s coverage once the baby has been alive for 90 days. Therefore, one must choose a plan that allows upgrading before purchasing one. *
- Premium: It’s crucial to look at the premium when purchasing newborn health insurance coverage to make sure it fits within the budget. Additionally, while some health insurance plans charge an additional fee to cover the newborn child, others do not. So, before choosing a policy, one should check the same. *
- Plan coverage: The features of different newborn health insurance plans vary in terms of coverage. Some insurers pay for prenatal, postnatal, and vaccination costs, while others do not. Ensure that the policy has the most coverage elements possible to guarantee that the infant is constantly protected. *
- Exclusions: Prior to purchasing a policy, make sure the plan satisfies all of your requirements by carefully examining both the inclusions and the exclusions. *
* Standard T&C Apply
** Currently, there are 2 tax regimes in India – new and old. To get the tax benefit you desire, choose the correct one after consulting an expert. You can opt for a regime change during the next financial year.
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.